BLI 1620A – Transconductance Amplifier – Ballantine Laboratories
Test and Measurement
The BLI 1620A Transconductance Amplifier is designed to provide calibration and test departments a highly accurate, highly precise, high current calibration source.
The 1620A provides high accuracy current levels from dc to over 10 kHz for calibrating ammeters, current transformers and shunts. It also provides output current up to 100 Amperes. and as such may also be used as a high accuracy power supply, and as a power source in welding and bonding applications.
The 1620A converts a signal voltage applied to its input, into a high resolution output current whose value is directly proportional to the input signal level. As a example, if an input of 2 Volts is applied on the 20 Ampere range, a current of 20 Amperes will be produced at he output terminals. With dc input voltages, the output current provides the same polarity as the driving signal, and with ac inputs the output will faithfully reproduce the frequency, phase, waveshape, symmetry and dc offset of the input source. A wide range of currents can be produced with seven switchable ranges from 200 microamperes to 100 Amperes rated for positive or negative dc and ac sinusoidal rms at crest factor to 1.45 maximum. Signal inputs can be up to 100 Volts above or below the earth grounded enclosure.
The 1620A can be driven by commercially available manual or programmable, precision ac or dc voltage calibrators and sources, and when equipped with the IEEE-488 option a fully automated current calibration system can be configured to optimize throughput in calibration procedures.
- Calibrates AC or DC ammeters, shunts, and current transformers
- High accuracy of ± 0.02% of DC range; ± 0.15% of AC range
- Output current bandwidth DC to over 10kHz, 1kHz at 100A RMS
- Low distortion of less than 0.1% of fundamental
- Programmable IEEE-488 (optional)
- Full overload protection
- 16201 Current Coil accessory
- 300 Amp low duty cycle / 200 Amp high duty cycle capability in Pulsed Mode
- Paralleled Operation for High Current Capability
- Improved linearity and reduced Temperature Coefficients