FSC – Spectrum Analyzer – Rohde & Schwarz Hameg
Test and Measurement
The R&S®FSC is a compact, cost-efficient solution that offers all essential features of a professional spectrum analyzer with Rohde & Schwarz quality. It covers a wide range of applications from simple development tasks to production, or can be used for training RF professionals. Moreover, it is ideal for applications in service or maintenance.
The R&S®FSC features a wealth of functions for simplifying and speeding up the development and testing of RF products. Its good RF characteristics and its high measurement accuracy help to ensure reliable and reproducible measurement results.
Four different R&S®FSC models are available in the frequency range from 9 kHz to 3 GHz or 6 GHz. Separate models with tracking generator are available for each frequency range. An optional preamplifier that is available for all models increases sensitivity for measuring weak signals. Owing to its compact design, the R&S®FSC takes up only a minimum of space on a lab bench. When installed in a rack, two R&S®FSC or one R&S®FSC and oneR&S®SMC signal generator situated next to each other fit into the 19” space.
- Frequency range 9 kHz to 3 GHz or 6 GHz
- Resolution bandwidths 10 Hz to 3 MHz
- High sensitivity (< –141 dBm (1 Hz), with optional preamplifier < –161 dBm (1 Hz ))
- High third order intercept (> 10 dBm, typ. 15 dBm)
- Low measurement uncertainty (< 1 dB)
- Internal tracking generator (model .13/.16)
- Compact dimensions
- Low power consumption (12 W)
- Noise marker for determining the noise power referenced to 1 Hz measurement bandwidth
- Frequency counter with 0.1 Hz resolution
- Limit line monitoring (pass/fail function) for indicating whether the DUT complies with defined limits
- Modulation depth measurement of AM-modulated signals
- Measurement of harmonics and total harmonic distortion
- AM/FM audio demodulator (audio via built-in loudspeaker or via headphones)
- Scalar transmission measurement for fast and simple determination of the transmission characteristics of DUTs such as cables, filters or amplifiers (available for the R&S®FSC models .13 and .16 with tracking generator)
- Location of EMC problems on printed boards using the R&S®HZ-15 near-field probe set for emission measurements from 30 MHz to 3 GHz
- Field-strength measurements taking into account the specific antenna factors of the connected antenna, the field strength being displayed directly in dBμV/m
- Power measurement on pulsed signals in the time domain with predefined settings for the GSM and EDGE mobile radio standards
- Channel power measurement in a definable transmission channel with predefined settings for 3GPP WCDMA, cdmaOne, CDMA2000® and LTE mobile communications standards
- Measurement of occupied bandwidth (OBW)
- Adjacent channel power, absolute or referenced to the TX carrier for up to 12 channels and 12 adjacent channels
- Gated sweep for displaying the modulation spectrum of burst signals such as GSM or WLAN
- Measurement of spurious emissions
The R&S®FSC is operated via the keyboard and a rotary knob with an integrated enter function. All important settings such as frequency, bandwidth, span or marker can be directly accessed via hardkey buttons. Clearly arranged softkeys at the lower edge of the touch screen provide additional menu selections. The user interface is available in different languages: English, Korean, Japanese, Chinese, Russian, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese, French, Hungarian and German.
Documentation and remote control
- The R&S®FSCView software that comes with the analyzer is an easy-to-use tool for managing, evaluating and documenting measurement results.
- Data transfer between the R&S®FSC and a PC via USB/LAN
- Easy postprocessing of measurement results by means of data export in ASCII or MS Excel format
- Storage of graphics data in standard formats
- Printout of measurement results, including the instrument settings used
- Simple comparison of measurement results
- Subsequent analysis of the measurement results using markers
- Subsequent display of limit lines
- Editor for creating limit lines and antenna factors
- Compatibility with Windows XP and Vista (32-bit version)
- All functions of the R&S®FSC can be controlled via the USB or LAN interface using SCPI-compatible remote-control commands. For this purpose, drivers for LabWindows/CVI, LabView, VXI-Plug & Play and Linux are available.
|Model||Frequency range||Resolution bandwidth|
|R&S®FSC3||9 kHz to 3 GHz||10 Hz to 3 MHz|
|R&S®FSC6||9 kHz to 6 GHz||10 Hz to 3 MHz|