Test and Measurement
The PPA4500 precision power analyzer features high speed FPGA/DSP sampling techniques and N4L’s highly respected “Planar Shunt” Technology, the PPA4500 is the result of over 12 years of development. The PPA4500 replaces the outgoing PPA2500 and PPA2600 models, with improved accuracy, colour TFT, front USB port and faster processing. The PPA4500 is a significant leap forward in both accuracy and functionality. The PPA4500 is well suited to transformer loss testing, PWM inverter drive efficiency testing, standby power testing to IEC62301/EN50564 and many more challenging applications.
The PPA4500 exhibits the ability to measure fundamental frequencies up to 2MHz, as well as up to 100 Harmonics with the same 2MHz upper frequency limit. PWM Motor drive mode enables the engineer to rapidly setup the instrument to measure complex harmonically distorted waveforms, sophisticated signal processing algorithms facilitate high sample rate (2Ms/s) true wideband (2Mhz) analysis of PWM signals.
The PPA4500 Utilises parallel digital filtering for fundamental frequency synchronisation without affecting the bandwidth of the measured data.
- 0.03% Basic accuracy
- High precision internal shunts Superior accuracy to any external shunt
- Up to 50 Arms (1000 Apk) & 1000 Vrms (3000 Vpk) direct input
- High speed sampling on all channels (2Ms/s)
- 1, 2 or 3 phase versions master – slave mode for 4, 5 or 6 phase
- Simple BNC connection of N4L shunts for high current applications
- Up to 100 Harmonics
- Free PPALoG Datalogging Software available via download
- Frequency range DC and 10mHz to 2MHz
- 5 millidegree phase accuracy Necessary for low power factor applications
- Low current (10Arms), Standard (30Arms) and High current (50Arms) options
- True real time analysis with no measurement gap
- Real time Digital, Tabular, Graphic and Oscilloscope displays
- RS232, USB, LAN, (IEEE 488 Option), Torque, Speed and Extension ports
- PWM Motor Drive Analysis Mode
- Transformer Analysis mode