PPA500 Series – Compact Power Analysis – N4L
Test and Measurement
The PPA500 joins Newtons4th’s Precision Power Analyzer range addressing a need for high performance power analysis at low cost. Primarily aimed toward applications that require precision measurement without complex features, the PPA500 series is ideally suited to a production or test environment.
The Unit Benefits from a full colour TFT display that provides greater flexibility than fixed numeric displays and combines a level of performance, ease of use and value beyond any comparable product. Sharing many of the techniques utilised in the PPA1500 series, the PPA500 achieves a level of performance previously available only in much more costly instruments, while maintaining the intuitive operation and clarity of measurement presentation for which the PPA series has become renowned. While being only half rack width and 2U high, the PPA500 is available in 1, 2 or 3 phase configurations. There is also the option to install the unit in a 19in rack where two units can be positioned side by side to provide a 2U 6 Phase solution see our accessories page for more details.
As a result of innovative design, the PPA500 is able to deliver high performance at low cost. Features such as the planar shunt (A shunt design topology developed by N4L) and FPGA based real time no gap analysis technique all contribute to the PPA500′s fantastic offering. The low cost of the PPA500 Power Analyzer presents a great opportunity to system integrators looking for accurate, traceable, reliable power analysis.
- 0.05% Basic accuracy
- High precision internal shunts Superior accuracy to any external shunt
- 20 Arms (300 Apk) & 1000 Vrms (2500 Vpk) direct input
- High speed sampling on all channels
- 1, 2 or 3 phase versions
- Simple BNC connection of N4L shunts for high current applications
- Frequency range DC and 10mHz to 500kHz
- 10 millidegree phase accuracy – Necessary for low power factor applications
- Unique x10 gain mode for Standby Power measurement
- True real time analysis with no measurement gap
- High contrast full colour graphic display
- RS232, USB, (LAN Option), Extension and Auxiliary ports